Spring Bridge Advisors provides consulting and business development services to institutions operating in structured finance, technology and real estate.
- Valued CLO equity and debt for portfolio managers owning those securities as part of their risk management and reporting effort.
- Assessed technology and work flow needs of a major rating agency looking to streamline its new issue rating and surveillance process and re-engineer its existing financial technology platform.
- Advised a financial technology company on the market positioning of its new product line.
- Advised a company on the acquisition of a technology firm.
- Provided lead generation and business development services to a fintech company looking to build its client base.
- Advised a state regulator on credit and liquidity risk of an insurance company under its purview owning a portfolio of distressed structured credit investments, including CLOs of non-performing middle market loans.
- Advised a major rating agency on a buy vs. build technology decision.
- Provided market expertise to a firm assessing the viability of a new asset management business.
Steve Segretta is structured finance veteran with for over 30 years of experience across a banks, asset managers, technology and advisory firms. He has held roles across business development, structuring, trading, portfolio management, marketing, advisory and technology.
As an investment banker, Steve originated, structured and/or closed over $16 billion in transactions across a wide range of underlying asset classes, including: CLOs, credit derivatives, credit cards, auto loans, trade receivables, timeshare loans, dealer floor plans, future revenue, film copyrights, equipment leasing, marine loans, insurance claims, and mortgage backed securities. As part of that activity, Steve often managed large deal teams, with accountability across multiple disciplines, including: capital markets, legal, tax, accounting, regulatory, sales, and risk management.
Additionally, Steve marketed and syndicated large debt and equity offerings on a global basis to institutional investors operating in public and private fixed income markets. He has managed and traded a $200 million book of CLO investments and participated in the global capital raising effort for a hedge fund marketed to family offices, pensions and endowments.
Among other things, Steve has developed valuation frameworks for various asset classes, designed and overseen the development of a bond relative value analysis platform, and marketed SaaS technology products to a wide range of corporate clients. Earlier in his career Steve designed and developed complex financial systems for various institutions.
Steve is actively involved in commercial and residential real estate and is licensed in two states. He remains current with a large network of ~12,000 friends, colleagues, clients and business contacts across banks, hedge funds, asset managers, private equity firms, broker dealers, real estate investment firms and insurance companies.